The Upper Lodge Water Gardens are a partially restored complex of early eighteenth century Water Gardens in Bushy Park
. Originally built for Charles Montagu, 1st Earl of Halifax
between 1709 and 1715 when he was ranger of Bushy Park and lived in Upper Lodge, they fell into disuse over subsequent centuries, but part of the complex was restored in the early 21st century and opened to the public in 2009.
The complex originally ran for 960 metres across The Park
from the entry point of the Longford River (now the Pantile bridge) in the Hampton Hill end of Bushy Park to what is now the National Physical Laboratory (NPL) in Teddington.The Octagonal Upper pond and, the lower pond and the cascade that separate them were restored and are now open to the public. Another restored pond lies in the private gardens of Upper Lodge.