Tyseley Locomotive Works is the museum and engineering arm of the Birmingham Railway Museum Trust, based in Birmingham, England. It occupies part of the former Great Western Railway's Tyseley depot, which was constructed in 1908 as a result of expanding operations in the West Midlands, particularly the opening of the North Warwickshire Line as a new main line from Birmingham to Bristol.
As well as supporting the trust's operating wing Vintage Trains the museum is home to an extensive collection of steam engines, ranging from small industrial builds to Great Western Railway 'Castles' and 'Halls', and large ex-main line diesel engines.
There is an emphasis on running a professional locomotive overhaul and maintenance site, with significant numbers of other preserved railways and other private operators contracting work to Tyseley. To this extent the site was for a time used as a base of operations for Fragonset Railways.
Location And Access:
Located close to Tyseley railway station, the No.37 bus operated by National Express West Midlands passes the site. Located on the A41 Warwick
Road, the site is approximately 3 miles from Birmingham city centre, or 4 miles from Solihull
The site is no longer open to the public, except on open days. These usually fall on the last weekends in June and October.