Headingley Parish Church or the Parish Church of St Michael and All Angels in Headingley, a suburban area of the city of Leeds, West Yorkshire, England is a large Victorian Church of England parish church in the centre of the parish on Otley Road. The church attracts visitors and worshippers from outside the parish and is popular with students.
The parish of Headingley was carved out of the once very large parish of Leeds, which at the time also included the districts of Armley, Beeston, Bramley and Hunslet. The first church was the site was built on land given in about 1620 by Sir John Savile. This church remained in place for 210 years and could hold 200 congregants.The Industrial Revolution brought population booms to northern England and the population of Headingley increased to 2,000 warranting the creation of a vicarcy in 1849 and the building of a larger, 600-seater, church in 1838 (architect (R D Chantrell).