The Church of St Mary the Virgin, Middleton is a church in Middleton, West Yorkshire, England. It is an active Anglican parish church and part of the Armley deanery in the archdeaconry of Leeds and the diocese of Ripon and Leeds. The church and its lych gate are Grade II listed buildings.The Middleton Estate and Colliery Company was granted a licence to mine a seam of coal under the church in 1917 resulting in subsidence and damage to the tall spire which was taken down in 1939.
The church is built in coursed sandstone ashlar with slate roofs in the Early English Gothic Revival style. The aisles have two light lancet windows between buttresses and the chancel single light lancets. There is a three stage south west tower with an embattled parapet, angle buttresses and a porch with a Gothic arch and planked door with ornate hinges. There are three light belfry windows; the outer windows are blocked.