St. Mary's Roman Catholic Cemetery is located at Kensal Green in London, and has its own Catholic Chapel. Established in 1858, the 29 acre (120,000 m²) site was built next door to the much larger Anglican & Non-Conformist Kensal Green Cemetery. It is the final resting place for more than 165,000 individuals of the Roman Catholic faith, and features a memorial to Belgian soldiers of the First World War who were wounded in combat and evacuated to England but died there in hospital.
This memorial can be seen in the background of the image at right. There is also a War Memorial to British, Irish, French and Canadian servicemen. Many of the Irish migrants who came to England during the Great Famine are buried here