St John on Bethnal Green is an early 19th-century church near Bethnal Green, London, England. It was constructed 1826-8 to the design of the architect Sir John Soane (1753-1837). It is an Anglican church in the Diocese of London. The church is located near the Bethnal Green Tube Station, on Bethnal Green Road and Roman Road.
In 2000, the painter Chris Gollon gained a major commission from the Church of England for fourteen Stations of the Cross paintings for the church. Gollon was a controversial choice, since he is not a practising Christian. In order to carry out the commission, and for consultation theological matters, he collaborated with Fr Alan Green, Rector of the church. The belfry provides an exhibition space for artists.