St James' Parish Church is an Anglican church in Wetherby, West Yorkshire. The church is also sometimes referred to as The Parish Church of Wetherby.The first stones were laid for the oldest parts of the church on 1 April 1839 by local man Mr. Quenton Rhodes (after whom the Rhodes House council flats are named) who contributed significantly towards the initial £4000 to pay for the building of the church. The church was built from stone quarried at Collingham.
The Chancel was built later as an extension and can be seen from the change in roofline. The pinnacles of the tower were removed in 1939 after they became unsafe. These were replaced with the present day cap-stones.There are also outer buildings which once housed a Sunday school, and are now rented out to local organisations. Prior to compulsory education, the Sunday school offered free schooling to poor children from industrial-working families.