St James' Church, Islington is a parish church in the inner London borough of Islington. It is located on Prebend Street between Essex Road and the New North Road. The church was built as the successor to the 16th century Lambe's Chapel, formerly St James in the Wall, in Monkswell Street in the City of London. Today the west wall of St James' Church, Islington contains a half figure of William Lambe, dated 1612, after whom Lambe's chapel was named.
William Lambe acquired St James in the Wall, an ancient hermitage, in 1543, became Master of the Company of Clothworkers in 1569 and in 1577 bequeathed the chapel to the Clothworkers' Company. The original Lambe's Chapel was pulled down in 1825, after which a new chapel was built, together with a number of almshouses, only to be finally demolished in 1872. The British Museum has a watercolour sketch dated 15 May 1851 of the same half figure of William Lambe from when it was located in the "Chapel of the Clothworkers' Almshouses, Cripplegate". Pevsner's architectural guide notes the "Good E[ast] window by Lavers & Baraud" at St James' Church, Islington, and that the window in the north chapel contains "four Flemish roundels, from Lambe's Chapel".