The Church of St Benet Paul's Wharf is the Welsh Anglican church of the City of London. Since 1556, it has also been the church of the College of Arms in which many officers of arms have been buried. In 1666, following the Great Fire of London, the church merged with nearby St Peter's. The current church was designed by Sir Christopher Wren.
A church has been present on the site since the year 1111, dedicated to St Benedict. Nearby, Paul's Wharf was recently excavated to reveal its Roman foundations. To the west of the site was the watergate of Baynard's Castle, which is referenced in the biographies of Queen Anne Boleyn and Lady Jane Grey. Both the church and the castle were destroyed in the Great Fire of 1666.