Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club is a jazz club which has operated in London
since 1959.The club opened on 30 October 1959 in a basement at 39 Gerrard Street in London's Soho
district. It was managed by musicians Ronnie Scott and Pete King. In 1965 it moved to a larger venue nearby at 47 Frith Street
Many of the visiting musicians appearing at Ronnie's were soloists touring without their own rhythm section, or were touring as members of larger bands and they often used the house band to accompany them. On occasions, the house musicians coincided with the members of the various bands that Ronnie Scott led at one time or another.