RADA Studios (formerly The Drill Hall) is a theatrical venue in Bloomsbury in the London Borough of Camden, just to the east of Tottenham Court Road, owned by the Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA). The venue contains rehearsal rooms and meeting rooms, and two small theatres - the 200-seat Studio Theatre, and the 50-seat Club Theatre.
The venue was built in 1882 as a drill hall for the Bloomsbury Rifles. It has a notable artistic history: in the 1900s, Diaghilev and the Ballets Russes rehearsed there. During World War II it was used for Ralph Reader's Gang Shows. In the 1960s it was used an art gallery for the Tate Gallery’s exhibition of the McAlpine Collection.
The venue started to be used as an arts centre for Bloomsbury and Fitzrovia in 1977, and became a theatre, the Drill Hall, in the 1980s after many years of being used as a rehearsal hall. From 1984, The Drill Hall particularly supported production of theatrical and artistic works with gay and lesbian themes. In 2007, the Drill Hall, with an annual turnover of £1.25 million, was supported with £250,000 of Arts Council funding, but late in 2007, the Arts Council announced it was withdrawing this funding to concentrate its funding on other ventures. (Similar fates befell 194 other arts organisations.)