The Odeon Marble Arch
is a cinema located opposite Marble Arch monument at the top of Park Lane, with its main entrance on Edgware Road
. It is most famous for once housing a vast screen capable of screening films in 70mm.The site was first occupied by the Regal, opening in 1928. A 100-foot (30 m) high facade was constructed in Portland Stone.
The cinema was renamed Odeon in 1945 and continued as a first-run house. However by the early 1960s its interior was decidedly faded and neglected.In 1996, the cinema was converted into a 5 screen multiplex, within the existing space.In March 2011 Odeon Marble Arch had its 35mm projectors and CP65 sound processors removed and went fully digital in all five screens using NEC digital projectors with Doremi servers, Only screen one retains its Victoria 8 35mm projector and Cinemecanica non rewind system alongside the Digital system for the occasional 35mm shows.