Gorton railway station serves Gorton district of the city of Manchester, England. The station is on the Manchester-Glossop Line and the 2½ miles (4 km) east of Manchester Piccadilly.
It was opened by the Great Central Railway (GCR) on 25 August 1906 and replaced an earlier station that had opened on the line on 23 May 1842. From 1 January 1923, the station was operated by the London and North Eastern Railway (LNER). The new station was on the busy Woodhead Route to Sheffield Victoria and had four platforms. The original station was situated 200 yards west of the present station. From its opening, the new station was named Gorton and Openshaw, but it had reverted back to its original name by 1977. It was referred to as Openshaw in the 1964 song Slow Train by Flanders and Swann.