The Church of St George, Chester
Road, Hulme, Manchester
is an early Gothic Revival church by Francis Goodwin, built in 1826-8. It was restored in 1884 by J. S. Crowther. It was designated a Grade II* listed building on 3 October 1974.The church was a Commissioners' church, who allotted the sum of £15,000 for construction. Goodwin was an obvious choice for architect having already undertaken a number of churches in the Midlands and the North West, as well as the original Manchester Town Hall
. A six-bay nave with "high three-light Perpendicular windows" concludes with a tall tower at the west end, and two high pinnacles at the east. Porches are set at the northwest and southwest corners.