Chalk Farm is a London Underground station near Camden Town in the London Borough of Camden. It is on the Edgware branch of the Northern line between Camden Town to the south and Belsize Park to the north. For ticketing purposes, Chalk Farm falls in Travelcard Zone 2. With slightly under five million entries and exits in 2011, Chalk Farm is one of the busiest stations on the Edgware branch of the Northern line.
The station was opened on 22 June 1907 by the Charing Cross, Euston & Hampstead Railway (CCE&HR). Trains originally operated between Golders Green and Charing Cross Tube Station, with extensions to Edgware and Kennington in 1923 and 1926, respectively. All trains ran via the Charing Cross branch. As part of a comprehensive signing scheme, the 'UndergrounD' lettering was added in 1908.