Camberwell Public Baths opened in 1892 and has been in continuous operation as publicly funded community baths and more recently as a public leisure centre. Originally the Camberwell Public Baths, the building is now known as the Camberwell Leisure Centre. The facilities include a gym and swimming pool.
The Baths are managed by Fusion in partnership with Southwark Council. As well as swimming sessions, the centre offers swimming classes, badminton, personal training in the gym and caters for children's parties. One of the original two pools is boarded over and is now used as a sports hall. The remaining pool is restricted in length by a boom at 25 metres. The baths have undergone extensive refurbishment and are reopening to the public on 28 February 2011. The Flemish Renaissance style facades are Grade II listed.