Bow Road tube station is on the District and Hammersmith & City lines of the London Underground. It is on Bow Road in Bow, east London, about 300 metres from Bow Church DLR station and is in fare zone 2. Out of station interchange (OSI) is allowed between the stations.
The station was opened in 1902 by the Whitechapel and Bow Railway (which was later incorporated into the District line), with the Hammersmith & City line (then the Metropolitan line) following in 1936. The Great Eastern Railway Bow Road railway station, which closed in 1949, stood on the opposite of Bow Road. Ownership of the station passed to London Underground in 1950.