Bootle Railway Station, situated in the hamlet of Bootle Station, serves The Village of Bootle and the neighbouring hamlet of Hycemoor in Cumbria, England. The railway station is a request stop on the scenic Cumbrian Coast Line 39 kilometres (24 mi) north of Barrow-in-Furness. It is operated by Northern Rail who provide all passenger train services.
The Whitehaven and Furness Junction Railway was authorised in 1847 for a line which would link the town of Whitehaven with the Furness Railway at Broughton-in-Furness. It was opened in stages, and the section between Ravenglass and Bootle opened either on 19 July 1850 or on 8 July 1850. On 28 October 1850 the last section between Bootle and Broughton-in-Furness was formally opened.