The cruciform Madrasah of the Amir Sarghatmish, built in the year 1356, lies to the northeast of the Mosque of Ibn Tulun outside Cairo proper, in Medieval Cairo. The building's school, mosque, and mausoleum can be seen from Ibn Tulun's Spiral Minaret, while its entrance is on Saliba Street. This structure includes a madrasa, mosque, and mausoleum. The madrasa is also referred to as the Mosque of Amir al-Sayf Sarghatmish.
Adjacent to the famous Mosque of Ibn Tulun, the Madrasa of Sarghatmish is a prime example of Mamluk architectural innovation. The building's four iwan layout is in line with the cruciform, or cross-shaped, madrasa plan.