Regla is one of the 15 municipalities of Havana, Cuba. It comprises the town of Regla, located at the bottom of Havana Bay in a former aborigine settlement named Guaicanamar, in a peninsula dividing Marimelena from Guasabacoa inlets and the village of Casablanca, located and the entry of the Havana Bay.
The town is a commercial and industrial suburb with shipyards. The Galainela shipyard and the ENA drydock until recently operated as a joint venture with Curaçao CDM and the Navy's shipyard at Casablanca, docks including the TCH (Havana Container Terminal), the Ñico Lopez refinery, formerly a Shell refinery and popularly known as Belot Refinery due to the location; flour and wheat mills and aviation fuel depots. It is known for its rich colonial history, being the home town of Chacón, Guaracheros de Regla and the traditional Virgen de Regla Santería celebrations. It formed during the colonial period around the hermitage of Nuestra Señora de Regla (est. 1690) and was officially founded in 1687 (1765).[clarification needed]