Tisno is a municipality in Šibenik-Knin County, Croatia. There are 3,239 inhabitants in which 97.22% who are Croats. It was named after the Croatian word tisno which means strait, perfectly describing its location. Tisno was first mentioned in 1474 during the Turkish invasion and during the war against the Venetians when numerous refugees fled to Tisno to seek shelter.
The parish church of St.Spirit's from 1548 was renewed in baroque style in 1640 and enlarged in 1840. The church tower was built in 1684 by the local architects. The church of Our Lady of Caravaggio is a votive church of the Italian family of Gelpis built at the beginning of the 18th century. Each year on May 26th, thousands of pilgrims come from all over Dalmatia.