Capital Normal University is a university in Beijing, China. It is covered by Project 211, a policy to renew and modernize educational facilities in the People's Republic of China.
Capital Normal University consists of 17 colleges and department. These include:
- College of Literature
- College of Political Science & Law
- College of Foreign Languages
- College of Music
- College of Fine Arts
- College of Education Science
- Department of History
- School of Mathematical Sciences
- Department of Physics
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Biology
- Department of Educational Technology
- College of Environmental Resources & Tourism
- College of Information Engineering
- Elementary Education College
- Adult Education College
- College of International Education
The University has more than 25,000 students, including 9,522 undergraduates, 1,315 graduate students, 14,000 adult students, and 376 foreign students. Undergraduates can choose from 41 different majors.
Capital Normal University comprises three campuses, all located on the Third Ring Road in northwest Beijing. The southern campus, the headquarter, houses the majority of CNU's academic programs, while the North 1 campus houses the College of International Culture, and the North 2 the College of Information Engineering.