The Subercaseaux Palace is a building located in the 741 and 743 Agustinas between Calle San Antonio and Enrique Mac-Iver, Tenderini street frontage. Its location is within the town's founding Santiago de Chile. This Palace was built for Subercaseaux in solid ( masonry, stucco, etc...) and includes a base, two floors and a mansard. Inspired by the characteristics of the style of Louis XV and Louis XVI, it also features a continuous facade which is typical of the style and the years in which it was built.
The Palacio Subercaseaux was ordered to be built by the wealthy banker Don Francisco Subercaseaux Vicuña. The story goes that in 1901 Don Francisco Subercaseaux commissioned architect Miguel Angel Cruz Labarca, who had studied in Paris, two palaces for their children, they were located on street corners with San Antonio and Augustinian Augustinian Mac- Iver (both sides of the palace).
At the request of his children, Don Francisco Subercaseaux came to see the buildings completed and was impressed. He decided to build a palace for himself and his wife Doña Juana Brown (who was a remarkable pianist) in 1903. Architect Don Miguel Angel Labarca Cross began the construction of the new palace. Doña Juana asked that this palace should have a music room and the architect subsequently designed the Teatro Municipal de Santiago which is situated opposite the palace.