Cueva del Milodon Natural Monument is a Natural Monument located in the Chilean Patagonia, 24 km (15 mi) northwest of Puerto Natales and 270 km (168 mi) north of Punta Arenas. The monument is situated along the flanks of the Cerro Benitez Mountains. It comprises several caves and a rock formation called Silla del Diablo (Devil's Chair). The monument includes a cave which is notable for the discovery in 1895 of skin, bones and other parts of a giant ground sloth called Mylodon (Mylodon darwini).
The largest cave in the monument is the 200 m long Milodon Cave. It was discovered in 1895 by Hermann Eberhard, German explorer of Patagonia. He found a large, seemingly fresh piece of skin of an unidentified animal. In 1896 the cave was explored by Otto Nordenskiöld and later it was recognized that the skin belonged to milodon - an extinct animal which died 10,200 - 13,560 years ago.