Stellarton is a town located in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia. It is adjacent and to the south of the larger town of New Glasgow. In pioneer times the area was called Coal Mines Station, and from 1833 until 1870, it was known as Albion Mines. The town was incorporated as Stellarton in 1889 and owes its name to one of its oil shales which came to be known as "stellarite" because of the "stars of fire" given off by its sparky flame. Samson is now preserved at the Nova Scotia Museum of Industry in Stellarton.