Salaberry-de-Valleyfield is a city in southwestern Quebec, in the Regional County Municipality of Beauharnois-Salaberry. Situated on an island in the Saint Lawrence River, it is bordered at its western end by Lake Saint Francis, with the Saint Lawrence to the north and the Beauharnois Canal to its south. The Port of Valleyfield is situated on the canal.
Salaberry was named after Colonel Charles de Salaberry who served with the British army during the War of 1812. "Valleyfield" came from the Valleyfield Mills, a paper mill south of Edinburgh in Scotland. It is the seat of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Valleyfield. Salaberry-de-Valleyfield is the seat of the judicial district of Beauharnois.