Port Hastings is a Canadian rural community in Inverness County, Nova Scotia. The community is located at the eastern end of the Canso Causeway on Cape Breton Island. The community was previously known as Plaster Cove. The Inverness and Richmond Railway was built from coal mines in Inverness to a loading dock at Point Tupper in 1901.
The construction of the Canso Causeway which opened in 1955 saw the community become a railway junction after the Truro-Sydney mainline of Canadian National Railways (CNR) was diverted from the railcar ferry terminal at Point Tupper. The CNR line to Inverness was eventually abandoned in the 1980s, although the Truro-Sydney mainline continues to operate under the Cape Breton and Central Nova Scotia Railway.