The John Young Monument is a monument of sculptor Louis-Philippe Hébert located at the Old Port of Montreal.This monument in memory of John Young was erected in front of the port in 1908, on the initiative of the John Young Memorial Committee. It was moved to its current location in front of the Allan Building on rue de la Commune at Saint-Pierre in 1997. John Young was the first Chairman of the Port Commission, responsible for enlarging and developing the port. His efforts were so important that after his death in 1878, he was considered to be the "father" of the port. A figure of Neptune, symbolically representing the St. Lawrence River, sits at the base of the monument. This monument in memory of John Young was unveiled on October 4, 1911, the year of the hundredth birthday of John Young.