Glen Ewen is a village in southeast Saskatchewan, Canada. It has a population of 154 as of the 2004 census. It is located on the Canadian Pacific Railway just south of Provincial Highway 18. Carnduff and Oxbow are nearby towns. It was founded March 24, 1905 by a rail worker and Glen Ewen's first postmaster (Thomas Ewen). The town policy of tearing down any dwellings which have been vacated, combined with the current boom in the oilfield in this area, has resulted in a housing shortage for incoming workers. The school was closed in November, 1989 and now is the Glen Ewen Comuniplex. In 2011 the new Glen Ewan Hotel was opened, replacing the old hotel that had burned down in 2007.