Gadsby is a small village in central Alberta, Canada, located east of Red Deer. Gadsby is officially the smallest village in Alberta. It was incorporated in 1909. Toronto reporter Henry Franklin Gadsby was the namesake for a post office that was opened in 1909. In the 2011 Census, the Village of Gadsby had a population of 25 living in 14 of its 18 total dwellings, a -28.6% change from its 2006 population of 35. With a land area of 0.82 km2 (0.32 sq mi), it had a population density of 30.5/km2 (79.0/sq mi) in 2011.
In 2006, Gadsby had a population of 35 living in 18 dwellings, a 12.5% decrease from 2001. The village has a land area of 0.82 km2 (0.32 sq mi) and a population density of 42.7 /km2 (111 /sq mi).