Fort Howe was built during the American Revolution shortly after the American Siege of Saint John (1777) to protect Saint John from further American raids. The 18th and 19th century British Army fortification is built in present-day New Brunswick, Canada at the mouth of the Saint John River where it empties into the Bay of Fundy. The site of the fort is now located within the city of Saint John. Fort Howe includes a replica of the blockhouse that once stood at Fort Howe. It is located approximately 250 metres to the northwest of the original structure.