The Église Sainte-Geneviève (Church of St. Genevieve) is a parish church located in the former village of Sainte-Geneviève, Québec (now part of Montreal) on the north-west shore of the Island of Montreal overlooking the Rivière des Prairies. Its affiliation is Roman Catholic and it is administered under the Diocese of Montreal by La Paroisse Sainte-Geneviève de Pierrefonds, founded by Antoine Faucon in 1741. Construction of the church, headed by Louis-Marie Lefèvre, was completed in 1844 and was designed by architect Thomas Baillargé.
Construction began in 1843 and borrowed heavily from Neo-classic, Colonial and Spanish revival, using materials that were quarried locally. The facade was finished in dimension stone and capped off by two silver spires, or flèches, that towered 111 feet above the ground. In 1868, Monseigneur Ignace Bourget, bishop of the diocese of Montreal, ordered that two statues, one of Saint Anne and the other of Saint Joachim, occupy niches over the main doors.
Between 1844 and 1847, interior work continued, under the creative direction of Victor Bourgeau, by head contractor Felix Barbeau. The main altar was built by Ambroise Fournier and the side altars by Charles Dauphin in 1863. The stained glass windows were created by O'Shea of Montreal in 1926 and three paintings, situated behind the main altar that depict Sainte-Geneviève, were painted by renowned Quebec artist Ozias Leduc. The crypt, which lies on a foundation measuring a thickness of three feet, contains the remains of Louis-Marie Lefèvre, church founder, who was laid to rest there in 1972.