Bruno is a town located 90 km east of Saskatoon. Named after Rev. Bruno Doefler who came to the area along with other Germans from Minnesota in 1902. In 1919 the Ursuline Sisters opened a convent and in 1922 an academy called St. Ursula's Academy was established. The academy graduated its last class in the 1980s.
On July 1, 2007, the Ursuline facility changed ownership and became the home of the new non-profit St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, a Catholic post-secondary school of faith formation; and the new St. Therese Healing and Growth Center, a retreat center for personal inner healing based on Catholic and scriptural traditions. St. Therese College opened its doors to its inaugural class in September 2007; the Healing and Growth Center opened later in 2008.