Bouctouche is a Canadian town in Kent County, New Brunswick and in 2006 Census the population was 2,383. The town is located at the mouth of the Bouctouche River on the coast of the Northumberland Strait, approximately 40 kilometres northeast of Moncton.
Bouctouche was originally named Chebooktoosk, a Mi'kmaq word meaning Great Little Harbour. The region was next settled by Francois LeBlanc in 1785 as an Acadian community and the community included a few Irish families. Bouctouche was struck by a tornado on August 6, 1879. La Dune de Bouctouche, known by its first inhabitants as the Great Little Harbour, has hiking and cycling trails that are part of the New Brunswick Trail system. There are 12 kilometers of whispering sands making up the dunes easily viewed from a boardwalk along a conservation area known as the Irving Eco Center.