Bentley is a town located 28 km (17 mi) north-west of Red Deer, in the province of Alberta, Canada. It was named in honour of George Bentley, an early homesteader. The first settlers came from the U.S. and either walked or drove oxen from Lacombe, which was the closest railroad station between 1888-1890. The first church was built in 1890 by the Methodists, and a schoolhouse was built in 1903. Bentley was incorporated as a village in 1906.
1916 saw a disastrous fire that destroyed all buildings on the south side of the community. The centre roadway was made 36 metres (118 ft) wide and new buildings could not be constructed inside that area. In 1930, a centre boulevard was constructed for fire protection and street lights installed.