Looking to see what day to day life is like in semi-rural Cambodia? Want to meet people and stay in a place that isn't just there for tourists? Don't speak Khmer, but want to somewhere where there is a greater possibility of being able to communicate with people and gain a greater understanding of modern day Cambodian life and culture, whilst still being able to connect to the rest of the World with wifi and the internet? Not quite ready to have to use a squat toilet? Not ready to bathe by pouring buckets of water over your head? Don't want to be a 30 minute motorbike ride from the nearest convienience store? Then, we may have something for you.
Located the southern coastal region, Kampot is arguably the most beautiful province of Cambodia, offering beaches, deserted islands, wooded mountains, caves, a national park, waterfalls, Pepper, salt, and durians are the main agricultural products although the nascent tourist industry is beginning to flourish, filling Kamport town with upscale restaurants and hotels. Attractions include:
- Teuk Chhoo (8km from town)
- Kep Thmey (22km from town)
- Bokor Mountain/Resort (42km from town)
- Phnom Chhngouk Cave Temple (6km from town)
- Phnom Sorsir Caves (18km from town)
- Phnom Kampong Trach Caves (38km from town)
- Kampot Pagoda (2km from town)
- Prek Ampel (Salt Field) (18km from town)
- Se Da Oun Mountain (6km from town)
- Pepper Farms (35km from town)
For those wanting to experience, Rock Climbing, Abseiling and Caving we recommend CLIMBODIA
Actvities we hope soon to be organising.
- Bokor-Kampot Downhill Bike Ride
- Kampot River Rafting