The Church of Santa Iphigenia , as it is known, or Basilica of Our Lady of Conception and Santa Iphigenia, is located at the corner of Casper Libero street with Santa Iphigenia, in the district of the same name in the city of São Paulo. The Viaduct Santa Iphigenia ends in front of the church.
Located near the Valley Anhangabaú , the current Church of Santa Iphigenia is built on the site of one of the oldest chapels in town, the Chapel of Our Lady of Conception, built before 1720 . This first chapel was renovated from 1794 , and, as the edict Prince Regent Dom João VI , in 1809 came the parish of Our Lady of Conception and Santa Iphigenia, who gave his name off the neighborhood and located around the church.
On the outside, the church of Santa Iphigenia is an example of architectural revivalist character neo-Romanesque style , with two small towers and a central tower featuring a massive height. The facades are decorated with rosettes and moldings Lombards, typical of Romanesque medieval architecture. Access to the interior is done by a main portal of multiple archivolts of round arches, also Romanesque in feature.
Inside the walls and domes are decorated with multicolored medievalist paintings. The three rose windows and large windows are decorated with stained glass brought from Venice . Under each of the rose windows of the nave is a painting authored by Henri Bernard (c. 1923), representing the Holy Family and the other the Wedding at Cana. Other artists with works inside are Benedito Calixto and Carlos Oswald and many others. The interior has ribbed vaults of inspiration Gothic. The ship has two neogothic pulpits, carved in wood and imported from France in 1920. One brings a relief depicting St. Peter and the other São Paulo. In 1924, it opened the body which was brought from Germany .