This might be one of the best times to visit Egypt in the last decade. A drop in visitors has resulted in great deals that are waiting to be taken advantage of by savvy travelers. Terrorist attacks, protests and safety scares have been in the news lately, leaving many wondering if it’s still safe or even possible to visit Egypt. A closer look reveals that most of Egypt is relatively safe for travelling. Here are 5 reasons you might want to consider a trip to Egypt.
1. The Tourist Areas in Egypt Are Safe Some areas to be avoided in Egypt include the North Sinai and the areas west of the Nile Valley (See the travel map from British Foreign Office). Areas that are most frequented by tourists including Cairo, Alexandria, the tourist areas along the Nile river (including Luxor, Qina, Aswan, Abu Simbel and the Valley of the Kings) and the Red Sea resorts of Sharm el Sheikh and Hurghada are not covered by Travel Warnings by the FCO (Foreign Commonwealth Office).
No matter where you travel it’s important to keep up to date on events and be aware of current advisories and safety issues. This is true in Egypt and it’s true in most places in the world.
2. Tourist Keep Visiting Egypt. In 2016 over 230,000+ British tourist came to Egypt and the British Foreign Consulate reported that almost all visits were trouble free. (See latest updates). The latest numbers show that over 781,000 tourist visited Egypt in July 2017 (check the stats). The number of travelers is down slightly from past years.
3. Egypt Has Some Great Travel Deals Now! The tourism industry in Egypt has always been a very important part of the economy. The number of travelers visiting Egypt in recent years has decreased leaving hotels with low occupancy rates. The competition between hotels in Egypt is fierce. You can take your choice of many 5 star hotels for under $100 a night (See for yourself on booking.com). Egypt might be one of the world’s most affordable destinations with quality hotels and infrastructure for tourist.
4. Booking Flights to Egypt is Easy. Cairo is centrally located and flights are relatively cheap from the US, Europe and the Asian Subcontinent as well as locations in Africa. All in all it’s a relatively easy place compared to most to get to and international connections are good.
5. Egypt Offers Amazing Destinations. We could write an entire blog post on places to visit in Egypt. Take your pick, whether it’s a cruise on the Nile, visiting the Pyramids, checking out the street markets in Cairo or relaxing at one of the Red Sea Resorts Egypt has a lot to offer.
Touristlink features over 215 Egypt Tours, Packages and Trips from 89 Local Tour Operators and Guides around Egypt. You can browse them all here (Egypt Tours). Here are a few of our favorites that you might want to check out: