This Gothic-style Pilgrimage Church has two naves. It´s most precious possession is the splendid high altar, but, unfortunately the name of the artist who conceived the design is unknown. Restoration was carried out between 1969 and 1970 and in 1980.
The Church´s most prominent feature is the Second World War Soldier´s Graveyard. When the War ended in 1945 the 6th army, also called Stalingrad Army, was broken off here at Uttendorf-Mauerkirchen. The casualties that had died in the military hospitals of the surroundings lie on the graveyard surrounding the Church.
5261 Helpfau-Uttendorf, Austria
Tel.: +43 (7724)2016