Engildinus was the parish's first pastor in 1212. The first church was consecrated in 1326 and rebuilt in 1441. The gothic Saint Mary statue at the high altar (Sillian was once a shrine of St. Mary), the pointy church tower and the buttresses have remained from the gothic equipment. In 1759-60, the church was lengthened westwards and 'baroquized'.
View Sillian Parish Church guide >