In 1492 a late medieval castle was mentioned in Deuschkreutz. It was transformed into a Renaissance castle in 1560 by its owner at that that time, Thomas Nádasdy. In 1676 the castle passed into the Eszterházy family. In 1965 Professor Anton Lehmden, a representative of the famous Vienna School (phantastic realism), bought the castle.
The mighty, 2 storey building with 4 wings and square angle towers encircles a spacious courtyard with surrounding arcades. The interiors are artistically furnished. The stucco decoration is preserved in some rooms, precious chests and closets are remarkable and have been renewed by the owner.