Saint Nicolas Church first appeared in a historical document in 1327. It received a Letter of Indulgence in 1440 which led to rebuilding and extension. The Sanctuary was consecrated in 1469. On October 19, 1727, the church’s steeple and roofing as well as 11 homes of the village were destroyed by a great fire. A Baroque style barrel vault was added in 1759.
Complete restoration works were carried out from 1907 to 1908 by August Mair. The newly cast ring of five Graßmayr bells was consecrated on August 15, 1920. A second phase of renovation was carried out in 1951; followed by a third one in 1962 and a fourth one completed in 2004. The steeple stands 54 meters tall. The high altar originates from the year 1790 and is adorned with a late Gothic altarpiece