The pillory column is located on the upper part of the market square and is Tirol's only pillory column remaining from the Middle Ages.
This pillory was originally built in wood and collapsed in 1690.
A new pillory was built in stone in 1697, consisting of a column with a capital and a ball on top. The column used to stand further up on the square, opposite the courthouse (now a pharmacy). The pillory was first mentioned in written records in 1552.
Others :Closed to Visitors
A- 9920 Sillian, Austria
Tel.: +43 (4842) 6321
Fax: +43 (4842) 6321 20