In the center of Wartberg the church building in late Gothic style with its Baroque steeple is a central focus for visitors to the village.
In 1083, Count Arnold of Wels donated the hides of land that today are known as Wartberg to the Abbey of Kremsmünster on condition that a church was founded on the very site. The pastoral care of the local community was of great importance to him as the relevant Parish of Kirchdorf was a good way away.
In the 13th century the Church belonged to the Diocese of Passau, however, in 1247 it finally was incorporated to the Parish of Kremsmünster Abbey.
Pfarramt Wartberg an der Krems
4552 Wartberg an der Krems, Austria
Tel.: +43 (7587) 71 00
Fax: +43 (7587) 71 00 4