The Parish Church was erected from 1786 to 1790.
A plaque in the interior commemorates Cardinal Cölestin Joseph Ganglbauer, who was appointed Arcbishop of Vienna in 1881.
In 1884, he was appointed Cardinal by Pope Leo XIII and in 1877 he was given the freedom of the village of Thanstetten (today´s Schiedlberg). The red cardinal´s hat in the local coat of arms still commemorates the village´s most famous citizen.
4521 Schiedlberg, Austria