The first religious building of Lindach was a small Chapel erected by the owner of the castle.
Both the Parish Church (built later, more exactly in 1680) and the chapel belonged to the castle. In 1696 the entire complex was destroyed by a terrible fire but the building was reconstructed again. The fabulous parish church features a large nave, connecting the main altar hall and the side aisles with a precious round arch. In the background two galleries can be found.
A lovely crypt area is located in the main nave. From 1963 to 1969 the church was renovated and remodeled. Its most remarkable highlights are the outstanding Baroque-style elements and decorations. On April 03, 1964, the church of Lindach was declared an important cultural heritage.
Leopl.-Sonntag-Straße 1, Lindach
4663 Laakirchen, Austria
Tel.: +43 (7613) 4394