The Chapel of Zell (belonging to the parish of Raab) first appeared in historical documents in 955. In 1483 Zell became an independent parish.
Today´s Our Lady of the Assumption Church, the so-called "Innviertel Dome", was built by Francois de Cuvilliès, a famous architect from Munich. In 1777 the church was finished and only a few years later, in 1782, the precious building was struck by lightening.
The interior of the church features a number of beautiful sculptures and fresco paintings created by professor Fröhlich. Between 1997 and 2002 the entire building was renovated and remodeled. Special highlight: In 2000 the cross was attached to the 65 meter high tower.
Suitable for: Families, Groups, Seniors, Wheelchair User
Pfarramt Zell an der Pram
4755 Zell an der Pram, Austria