Obermillstatt is a village and a cadastral subdivision of municipality Millstatt in the district of Spittal an der Drau in Carinthia in Austria / EU. The village with a Roman Catholic church dedicate to John the Baptist lies on the Millstätter Berg, 857 m above sea level on a plateau about 150 m above sea Lake Millstatt at the foot of the Millstätter Alpe, which are part of the Nockberge. It's reachable about B 98 highway of Millstatt (2 km) or via L 17 over Dellach or Seeboden (distance to the Tauern motorway A10 / node-Millstätter Spittal lake 9 km). Immediately adjacent places are Lammersdorf and Kleindombra.
As the settlements surrounding the village with 492 inhabitants is a structured recreational farming village. Because of the lack of local undertakings commute a large proportion of the working population. A major employer since 1907 is the Magnesitwerk (RHI Refractories) in thirteen kilometers away place Radenthein. The Magnesite on the Millstätter Alpe is part of the area of cadastral municipality Obermillstatt. 84 years long, from 1889 to 1973, was Obermillstatt an independent municipality.