Late Gothic pilgrimage church consecrated in the year 1490.
Probably there had been a small Chapel and a Roman fortification before the pilgrimage chapel was built. As legend has it, the rich Count Sigmund von Pollheim suffered from gout and was completely healed. Out of gratitude for this recovery he decided to erect a chapel.
The wonderful, Gothic Madonna with the infant Jesus (dating back to 1470) was remodeled in Baroque style (1784). Until the year 1776 the statue decorated the side altar. Simon Hadinger (Kremsmünster) and Johann Seiz (Passau) built the outstanding high altar between 1661 and 1665.
Opening Hours: Church Service: Sunday at 9:00 am May and October: Sunday at 3:00 pm - To the glory of the Virgin Mary
Pfarramt Thalheim bei Wels
4600 Thalheim bei Wels, Austria
Tel.: +43 (7242) 44 680
Fax: +43 (7242) 44 680 9