As legend has it - a wooden Chapel was erected on the very place where swollen Salzach River has washed ashore a miraculous image of the Virgin Mary. In 1404, a church of tufa was erected on the same place and soon became a popular place of pilgrimage. The church has been extended and remodeled various times.
The ceiling frescoes and reredos were created by Johann Nepomuk della Croce (1771). The miraculous image is a 15th century painting that depicts the Virgin Mary sitting on a throne. In her left hand she´s caringly supporting the infant Jesus while her right hand holds a bunch of grapes.
Opening Hours: Open all day
Suitable for: Families, Groups, Seniors, Wheelchair User
5122 Hochburg-Ach, Austria